Meet the person behind the lens.
Bridal portraits © Scarlett Crews Photography
Hi, I’m Lindsay. Nice to meet you!
At heart, I am a nature-loving minimalist. I spent my childhood living in a log cabin in the woods of Ste. Genevieve and developed a deep appreciation for the natural world and the skies above. I feel at home among the great outdoors and am most at peace when I am lost in nature.
After moving to Saint Louis to earn a degree in International Business, I opened my photography business in 2014. While I now live in the city, I long for those endless and clear night skies, simple aesthetics and the enchanting, lush forests of the Missouri countryside.
After a decade of partnership, I married my best friend in October 2019. It was such a beautiful celebration…that I remember only parts of. If I could offer some wedding day advice to my clients – be sure to continually remind yourselves to take pause, admire the results of your hard work and planning, and soak in all of the love and support that surrounds you. The day will be over before you know it.
• A bucket list experience of mine is to visit every U.S. National Park
• The Kennedy Space Center is my equivalent to Disney World
• I love animals and have kept aquariums since I was 12 years old
• I am a member of the Missouri Botanical Garden
• I love documentaries and do not watch reality TV (well, I do like cooking and artistic competitions)
• I love traveling and writing all about my experiences
• My personality type is ISFJ-T
• I really do enjoy long walks on the beach (or anywhere, really)
• One of the best parts of my day is my early morning, predawn run
• I have a weird aversion to celery seed and cilantro
• I just got married in October 2019, and you can read about it here.
How I Approach Photography
I truly believe that establishing a closer connection with my wedding clients is a key ingredient to creating genuine, emotional storytelling. Photographs are one of the few remaining tangible artifacts from your wedding. Being able to reconnect to those emotions through photography will bring you back to that special place in time, over and over again.
When telling someone’s story, I believe capturing the details and surroundings are very important. I take time to photograph venue and architectural images along with the smaller details that are often overlooked, but provide context to your wedding day.
Whether you and your guests are in a place of reverence or jubilant celebration, I want to capture those moments in a personal way. While some elements of photography can be subjective – the emotional connections are what will ultimately prevail through time.
My personal work, which focuses mainly on nature photography, has been featured in the following publications & galleries: LooksLikeFilm, 33November Series (Finalist), SEEN 2015 (Winner, Motorsports Category), Webster Arts Small Works I & II (Finalist).
My photography work has been featured in Midwest Bride, Style Me Pretty, How He Asked, The Trendy Groom, Popsugar, The Huffington Post, The Daily Mail, Woman’s Day Magazine, ABC News, NY Daily Blog, NetMoms & Wedding Paper Divas.